Wednesday, December 30, 2009

CrossCurrents: The Diskless PC Revolution

Discussion Questions:
1- Carrying a flash memory device makes it easier to access the information you need when you need it. It can be used in most computers. However, if the device gets stolen and it is not password-protected, private information can be stolen. Carrying personal data on a laptop PC feels safer, and is more tangible. Again, though, if the laptop is stolen and not protected, all personal information will be stolen.

2- I think it would be more secure kept on a flash memory with me than on a network-connected file server. On the network server, people can hack into the information and access it. On the drive, the information would go with me wherever I go, and can only be accessed by me, and taken only if it is stolen from my person.

No comments:

Post a Comment